We have agreements with major transformer manufacturers for the manufacturing of new transformers and they have a capacity of manufacturing the following:
- Custom Designed Oil Filled Transformers
- Distribution 100 kVA to 3 150 kVA
- Windings options: Copper or Aluminium
Locally manufactured Power:
- 3 150 kVA to 100 MVA 132 kV
- 50 MVA 550 MVA to order from WEG Brazil
All distribution and power transformers are manufactured to SANS 780, BS 171, and IEC 159 specifications under ISO: 9001 quality standards.
We supply the following:
- Enclosure Type A, B and C
- Up to and including 2 000 kVA
- Customised units up to 33 kV for the African market
- 6mm standard high-risk vandal-proof Eskom approved minisubs
Transformer Maintenance & Repairs
We offer the following transformer maintenance services on site:
- Oil sampling – In-line with the client’s requirements. We have qualified staff to take samples and we make use of Wearcheck and Eskom Laboratories for analysis.
- Oil results analysis – we offer an interpretation of oil results in line with IEC specifications. We also offer trending of oil results services to our clients offering a dashboard view of the Grid transformers health.
- Oil purification (Based on oil results) – we have a mobile oil purification plant, 5000 litres/hour
- Repair of oil leaks.
- Re-spraying of the transformer.
- Mid-year and annual transformer maintenance
- Transformer Testing – we offer on-site and off-site transformer testing services.
Transformer Testing Types:
- Winding resistance test of transformer
- Transformer ratio test
- Transformer vector group test
- Measurement of no-load loss and current (Open circuit test)
- Measurement of insulation resistance
- Dielectric tests
- Tests on on-load tap-changer
We repair all types of transformers, i.e. air-cooled, dry type, Cast Resin impregnated, etc
We repair the following on-site and off-site:
- Current transformers
- Distribution transformers
- Power transformers
- Transformers for rectification
- Auto Korndorfer transformers
- CLR’s (Current limiting reactors)
- NER (Neutral earthing resistor)
- NEC (Neutral earthing compensators)
- NER / NEC / AUX
- DC Chokes (air-cooled, water-cooled, oil-cooled)
- Recti formers
- Motor Starting Reactors
- Epoxy impregnated toroidal transformers
- Mini Subs
- We are SABS ISO 9001 Certified, and we continue to maintain the quality management system
- We are CERTEX approved
- We have a flameproof certification which covers the relevant requirements of SANS 600079-1/14; SANS 10086-1; SANS 10208